onsdag 1. september 2010

How can you turn 1000 gold into 2000 gold?

Gold Blogging Carnival
Markco from the site Justmytwocopper is currently  hoasting a Gold Blogging Carnival this week. His topic is "How can you turn 1000 gold into 2000 gold?", which simply means that all participants will be writing a short guide to what they would do to be doubling that 1000 gold, preferably as quick as possible.

I am participating
As I have just started blogging myself, and have been an active reader of Markco's forums, I thought that I would participate to this Carnival.

What I would do
After the introduction of patch 3.3, Emblems of Triumph drop everywhere, and people use them to buy Epic Uncut Gems, or Crusader Orbs. Along with that half the server will farm ToC every single week, this makes Crusader Orbs appearing on the Auction House in much larger supply, and much lower prices.

Usually I will buy Crusader Orbs whenever they go below 90g each, but for this I will make the assumption of having to buy all materials straight from the AH at that time.

What I do is simply to craft 1 x Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers, which is made by Tailoring (requires skill 450 and BoE recipe dropping from ToC).
This recipe requires:
4 x Crusader Orbs            = 4 x 90g   = 360g
8 x Spellweave                  = 8 x 45g   = 360g
1 x Majestic Zircon          = 1 x 110g  = 110g
1 x Cardinal Ruby             = 1 x 100g  = 100g
1 x Eye of Zul                       = 1 x 70      = 70g
Total                                                               = 990g

So I simply invest roughly 1000 gold into creating this item, and then I will sell it. Post it on the Auction House for up to 2.5k gold (or let's say 2k gold exactly for this example). Also remember to announce in trade that you got one for sale, as few players will check out the materials required, or they don't want to go through the hassle of buying mats, finding crafter etc.

Trust me when I say, if you announce it in trade chat a couple of times, and you're the cheapest poster on the AH, the item will sell during the day!

That was my simple method of turning 1000 gold into 2000 gold, I hope you will enjoy it!

Best regards, Ivanas.

2 kommentarer:

  1. It's a good idea, but what about the cost involved in obtaining the plan? If you're not a raider then you will have to cough up 700 to 1000 gold to buy it.

    SvarSlett
  2. On my server the recipes are going for roughly 200-400 gold each, which isn't that much honestly.

    By saying that, I simply mean that you will make your gold back (and probably the double) from buying the recipe after a single craft.

    Also, remember that this 'tactic' works for several crafts within both Tailoring, Blacksmithing and Leatherworking.
    I find Blacksmithing (Tanking and DPS gear) and Tailoring (the pieces without Spirit) being the best sellers.

    Best regards, Ivanas.

    SvarSlett